Pre-Purchase Counseling Documents Needed…

Call With Any Questions Or Concerns 562.424.4477

Print Pre-Purchase Documents Needed Checklist

Thank you once again for reaching out to HPP CARES CDE HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency regarding your homebuyer education and needs. We have attached a list of items that you will need to bring when meeting with our Mortgage Advisor.


Note to maximize your purchasing power everyone over the age 18 who will be considered on the loan you will need to furnish the following documentation:


Driver License

Social Security Card

Last 2 Pay Stubs

Last 2 Months Bank Statements

Last 2 Years w2's (If you have not filed bring extension form-please note in order to be successful in becoming a homebuyer - homeowner you need to stay on top of your Tax Filings each year)

Last 2 Years Tax Return's (If the address is different from your Current Residence, please provide a letter of explanation as to why you have your tax returns going to a PO BOX or wherever)


If Self Employed...

Last 6 Months Banks Statements

Profit and Loss Statement Last 2 Years

Business License


Other Income... Please Note We Will Need To See The last 2 Months of Bank Statements In which these funds are deposited)

Receiving Social Security - We will need the Social Security Award Letter (most recent)

Receiving Pension - We will need the Pensions Award Letter (most recent)

Receiving Alimony - Copy of divorce decree all pages with court stamp (It will be ok if the court stamp is dated)

Receiving Child support - Copy of ruling court documents all pages with court stamp (It will be ok if the court stamp is dated)

If you have a relative that will be assisting you with a downpayment please make sure you are able to furnish the last 2 months of those bank statements Note we don’t want to see that money being deposited in the account it needs to already be in the account. If the relative prefers you can just be added to their bank account and that will be fine.


-Happy Home Buying!